7.11.2010

Move to a new town and need a great hairdresser? Here's how to find one:

I answer SarahDB89's question about getting a haircut.




This video is really directed towards the Green Ladies, but I do give the Green Guys a great coffee burp near the end. Also, I love http://imboycrazy.com because she is so much fun!!

First up on this crazy vlog is my original pajama song.
Then my new art series, Vampifood.
I got some weird mail!
Public Service Announcement for the ladies: DO NOT SHOP AT ULTA. The beauty superstore has a horrible return policy.

Lastly, I give SarahDB89 and everyone advice about haircuts.

Getting a haircut is much more than a simple task for a lady. Ladies have to keep a dramatic cut for a long, long time. I've been getting a lot of haircut questions, so I am answering them in this video and blog!

To find a hairstylist:
Research, research, research! I went to Yelp.com and searched for a young, spunky, funky, rock-a-billy salon. I found one and I just love it! People who leave reviews will leave the Stylist's name in the review. When you take down their phone number, take down names of stylists with positive reviews.

The most important part about the haircut is your communication:
* They are hairdressers, not mind readers. If you are picky, let them know!
* If you are going above the shoulders: Do you care if it all fits into a ponytail or is it OK for some pieces to fall out?
* Do you use products? Shampoo/Conditioner, blow dryers, brushes/combs, etc.
* Tell them your hair plans: are you growing it out, or trying this cut for the first time? If not, what did you really like about the cut that you want again.
* Don't use inches. Point out where you'd like to see your hair fall when it is dry.
* Tell them your current hair goal.
I said "I want it short, but funky. Layers are good to add body. Above my shoulders, but it does not all have to fit into a pony. Pieces can fall out; I think it's cute. I don't use products, but I do shampoo with a natural, sulfate free shampoo. I like a medium, swooping bang. My natural part is on my right side."
* I always ask them to style my hair. You are allowed to see the finished product. Ask when you call if they offer the blow-out for free. They should! A professional blow-out is always so fantastic!!
* If you like the job they did, please tip them at least 20%. Ask about free bang trims between cuts. Tip them at least $5 for the free bang trim.
* Get their card! This means you truly want to come back and see them; even if you don't make your next appointment right after the first cut.

Keep the great questions and requests coming!!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GuideToGreen
Follow my Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/GuideToGreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...